The links in this post may be affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission if you buy through these links, at no additional cost to you, which helps me run this blog. Read my disclosure here.
These cookie dough brownies combine two of my favorite things… brownies and cookie dough! I guess the name kind of gives it away. Oh well. Even without any mystery, these cookie dough brownies are one of the best things I’ve ever put in my mouth so I needed to share them with you. And the best part? There’s only 4g net carbs in each brownie.
Cookie Dough Brownies
I had started making a version of cookie dough brownies in the few months leading up to starting keto. Obviously they were laden with sugar, but they were always a hit whenever I made them.
So once I finally nailed a good keto brownie recipe, it took almost no time at all to combine it with my keto cookie dough to make a best-of-both-worlds dessert.
We start here with my easy keto brownies recipe. The only change I made was to bake it in a 9×9″ square pan instead of 8×8″. The reason for that is to make it a bit thinner since we’re adding more on top.
This also cuts down the cooking time just a little.
The majority of the time taken in this recipe is in the cooling.
Your brownie layer must be completely cool before you add the cookie dough layer or it’ll melt on you.
I usually leave it at room temperature to begin with, then speed up the process by throwing it in the freezer to finish up. Never put a hot pan in the freezer, though.
While your brownie layer is cooling, you can mix up your cookie dough. The cookie dough comes together really quickly, especially when you’re not making it into bites like in the original recipe.
Spread an even layer over the brownie base. Then throw it in the freezer until it’s totally set– about 20 minutes. It needs to be completely firm before you pour the warm ganache on it.
If you’ve never made ganache before, you might be surprised how totally easy it is.
You need to chop up some chocolate and put it in a bowl. Then you heat cream in a saucepan just until it gets bubbles around the edges. Then pour it over the chopped chocolate.
I use 85% dark chocolate here, but you can also use a sugar free chocolate like Lily’s.
Let the hot cream go to work on the chocolate for five minutes. Then whisk it until it all comes together. That’s it!
Once your ganache is ready to go, you can pour it over your chilled cookie dough layer.
Spread it nice and evenly (I like an offset spatula for this) and then throw it in the freezer to set for about 5 minutes.
All that’s left after that is to slice and serve!
I cut these into 16, and that makes each square a generous serving at 4g net carbs. If you prefer to cut them smaller, 20 squares would come out to 3.3g net carbs each, and 25 would be 2.6g each.
Guys. I can’t even describe to you how good these are.
If you like brownies and you like cookie dough, these might just be your new absolute favorite dessert. I know it’s mine.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a 9x9" pan with parchment paper, overhanging the edges.
- Prepare brownie batter as directed. Bake for about 15 minutes or until just set, checking at 10 minutes so as not to overcook.
- Allow to cool completely.
- While cooling, prepare the cookie dough as directed, but don't form into bites.
- When the brownies are fully cool, spread the cookie dough in an even layer over the brownies.
- Chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes or until fully set.
- While the brownies are chilling, prepare the ganache: Chop chocolate and place in a small bowl. Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan just until the edges begin to bubble.
- Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate and let sit for five minutes. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture comes together.
- Pour ganache over chilled brownies and spread evenly. Chill in the freezer for another five minutes or until ganache is set.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 30.3gSaturated Fat: 16.8gSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 8.9gNet Carbohydrates: 4.1gFiber: 4.8gSugar: 1.8gProtein: 8.5g