The links in this post may be affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission if you buy through these links, at no additional cost to you, which helps me run this blog. Read my disclosure here.
One of the desserts I used to love to make on Thanksgiving before my keto days was pumpkin cheesecake, made with a gingersnap crust. Naturally, I had to keto-fy this as soon as possible, so I made this low carb mini pumpkin cheesecake that’s the perfect size to bring along to grandma’s.
Low Carb Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake
Holidays are for feasting. But when you’re following a ketogenic diet, many of the regular holiday foods are loaded with more carbs than you’ve had in a month.
So that’s why I make some clever swaps so I can still indulge and eat well, but without the carb hangover the next day.
Yes, I probably go over 20 grams of carbs on a holiday. But with these swaps, I’m only going a little over, not 10x over.
This recipe makes one 4″ cheesecake. I use these springform pans for this. I personally split this into two servings. It’s perfect for if you’re the only one eating low carb because then you can eat one serving at dinner and still have one for Black Friday, aka Thanksgiving Leftovers Day.
If you want to make a full-sized cheesecake, I think you’d probably want to quadruple the recipe. In that case, you could use 2 whole eggs instead of 4 egg yolks.
I’ve used allulose here, but my low carb sweetener blend would also work.
A note: This recipe contains a small amount of molasses to achieve the gingersnap flavor. This does add a small amount of sugar, about .5 carbs per serving. You can omit this if you desire, but it really helps the flavor.
- 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp blackstrap molasses (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled & grated fine
- cinnamon, ground ginger, cloves
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 Tbsp low-carb sweetener of choice (I used Allulose)
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Melt butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Add almond flour, molasses, and grated fresh ginger. Add a dash of cinnamon and ground ginger, and a very small pinch of cloves. Press this into the bottom and about 1/2 an inch up the sides of a 4″ springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sweetener with an electric mixer until incorporated. Add sour cream and egg yolk.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the pumpkin puree with the pumpkin pie spice. Add about 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well. Alternate spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture with pumpkin mixture on top of the crust. Once all the filling is in the pan, use a knife to gently swirl the filling to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the cheesecake is set but still jiggles slightly in the center.
Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14.6gCarbohydrates: 7.6gNet Carbohydrates: 5.7gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 4.3gProtein: 8.6g