The links in this post may be affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission if you buy through these links, at no additional cost to you, which helps me run this blog. Read my disclosure here.
This low carb spiced cranberry spritzer is perfect for anyone who wants a non-alcoholic option at their holiday party! It won’t pile on the carbs or calories (leaving more room for delicious foods, am I right?)
At our family Christmas gathering, we typically serve Welch’s sparkling grape juice at dinner. But now that my mom and I are on a ketogenic diet, the 38(!!!) grams of sugar per serving is out of the question! So I wanted to come up with something fun for us to drink that wouldn’t send us into sugar shock.
This was so easy, too! At 15 calories and 3.8g of carbs per serving, this is a perfect drink for anyone who’s health-conscious this holiday.
Spiced Cranberry Spritzer
All you have to do is mull a little bit of unsweetened cranberry juice with cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and some orange peel until it’s infused with all the spicy flavors. Then you strain it, chill it, and add it to some cranberry raspberry sparkling water. I use Lacroix.
I should mention that I didn’t feel the need to sweeten this at all, but you could definitely add some low carb sweetener if you prefer.
Isn’t it just so pretty? To make the garnish, I strung fresh cranberries along with a piece of orange peel on a cocktail pick. Totally optional.
If you prefer your low carb cocktails to be spiked, might I suggest a shot of vodka stirred in?
- 1 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 2 strips orange peel
- Low-carb sweetener of choice (if desired)
- Cran-Raspberry La Croix sparkling water
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel two thin strips of orange peel from the orange, avoiding the white pith.
- Place in a small saucepan along with the cranberry juice and spices (add sweetener if desired.) Place over medium heat and bring just barely to a simmer.
- Turn heat off and allow to mull for at least half an hour, preferably an hour. Strain out spices and chill.
- To serve, place 2 tablespoons of cranberry juice in a glass. Top with 6 oz (half a can) of chilled cranberry raspberry La Croix. Garnish with fresh cranberries and more orange peel if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 15Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 3.8gNet Carbohydrates: 3.8gFiber: 0gSugar: 3.8gProtein: 0.1g