Today was my daughter’s last day of preschool, so summer is kicking off! And summer means barbecue and outdoor parties and RIBS! These Instant Pot Pork Ribs are so ridiculously easy to make and are fall-off-the-bone tender!
Instant Pot Pork Ribs
I used to make a ribs recipe that included baking at a low temp in the oven for several hours.
It produced some great ribs, but it’s a major time commitment and on days I want a summery outdoor barbecue, I don’t want to heat up the house!
I choose to finish these on the grill, but it’s not necessary. They’re fully cooked and falling-off-the-bone tender right out of the Instant Pot.
This recipe starts with a dry rub to get all your delicious flavors on up in there.
Get this mixture all over every side and pack it on.
You’ll need to use the rack insert in your Instant Pot, and put 1 cup of water in the bottom.
This is how I arranged it in my 8 quart Instant Pot. If you have the 6 quart, you may have to cut the racks in half to get them to fit.
You want them to stand upright on the rack in whatever fashion works for your model.
Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes, then allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before releasing the valve.
NOW– You can totally just eat these as is. You can eat them straight or add your favorite barbecue sauce, just like they are.
OR– You can finish them up on the grill to get some extra flavor.
If you decide to go this route, just brush with your favorite barbecue sauce and grill on each side until you get nice grill marks.
I used my Low Carb Bourbon Maple BBQ Sauce, but you can use whatever you like.
Add some extra barbecue sauce and you’re golden.
These ribs are sooooo tender and take so much less time to make than the old way!
- 2 racks pork ribs (baby back ribs or St. Louis style recommended)
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Mix all ingredients for dry rub together.
- Rub all sides of ribs with the dry rub.
- Arrange Instant Pot with rack inserted. Place ribs upright on rack, curved around each other to fit.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before venting with the valve.
- You can eat the ribs as is, with or without bbq sauce. OR, you can brush with bbq sauce and grill on a hot grill until you achieve nice grill marks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 651Total Fat: 46.7gSaturated Fat: 16.5gSodium: 2000mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1.1gSugar: 0.3gProtein: 54.8g