The links in this post may be affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission if you buy through these links, at no additional cost to you, which helps me run this blog. Read my disclosure here.
Savory scones? YES! These little beauties are the brunch side you didn’t know you needed but will turn an average brunch into the brunch of your dreams in just thirty minutes! These cheddar chive keto scones will change your life. Well, ok. Just your breakfast. But you’ll still thank me.
I’ve made these for a couple different events and they’ve received great reviews from keto and non-keto types alike. They’re just plain good.
Cheddar & Chive Keto Scones
Last month, I shared my gorgeous Chocolate Raspberry Scone recipe. I love those, but I might love these even more. And if you know how much I love chocolate, that is seriously saying something.
This is the same base as the sweet scones, we’re just adding savory flavors instead of sweet ones.
I use a food processor to cut the butter into the dry ingredients of almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, onion and garlic powders, and salt.
You can also use a pastry blender, if that’s more your style.
Once it’s the texture of coarse crumbs, we add a mixture of egg and sour cream and also 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar and some chopped fresh chives.
Fold this all together until it’s fully combined.
Next, roll it out between two sheets of parchment to about 1″ thickness.
You can keep them large and cut it into eight, but I prefer to cut mine into sixteen.
I know these are pretty little things, but the pics just don’t to these justice. The flavor will blow you away. Just make sure you have people to share them with or you’ll be tempted to eat the whole batch!
Get in mah belly!
These are the absolute perfect addition to your Easter brunch menu! Maybe alongside this super easy Bacon Gruyere Egg Bake?
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In food processor or medium bowl, mix together almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, garlic and onion powders, and salt. Cut in butter (either by food processor or pastry blender) until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and sour cream.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry. Add cheddar and chives and fold everything together with a spatula.
- Form dough into a ball, then roll between two pieces of parchment paper to 1″ thickness. Use knife or pizza cutter to cut into 8 wedges, then (optionally) cut each wedge in half.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden (larger scones may take a few extra minutes.)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 15.1gSaturated Fat: 4.6gSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 2.3gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 1gProtein: 5.6g